Now that the first phase of the Hardship Fund has ended, phase II will be launched on 20 April 2020. The WKÖ has set itself the goal of supporting significantly more entrepreneurs. Accordingly, the funding has been doubled to two billion euros.
Applications for Phase I are possible up to and including 17 April 2020, after which the arrangements for applying for Phase II will be made. Funding can only be applied for using the online form at www.wko.at/haertefall-fonds.
Key data for the Hardship Fund in Phase II
- 16 April 2020: As a guide, the WKÖ is putting a sample form online with information on the data required for the application. We will also forward this to you.
- 20 April 2020: Start of the submission possibility for the Hardship Fund Phase II.
- The application period for the Hardship Fund runs until 31 December 2020.
The most important innovations in Phase II
For the group of eligible applicants (one-person entrepreneurs, microentrepreneurs, gainfully employed compulsorily insured partners, new self-employed persons, freelancers, liberal professions), the criteria were expanded and adjusted as follows:
- Founders who set up between 1 January and 15 March 2020 can apply for a lump sum.
- In the future, upper and lower income limits will no longer apply (however, positive income from self-employment must be available in the last available income tax assessment; alternatively, a 3-year view can be chosen).
- Secondary income is allowed, however, the income will be taken into account when determining the grant.
- Multiple insurance in health and/or pension insurance is permissible.
- Compulsory insurance or voluntary insurance (new) in the statutory social insurance must be given.
- The "loss of earnings" (net loss of income) is cushioned with a subsidy of max. 2,000 euros per month for max. three months. However, the final amount depends on the criteria mentioned above.
We are happy to support you in submitting applications in phase II and are always available to answer questions.
TJP Austroexpert Steuerberatungsgesellschaft m.b.H.